Parallel sessions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon (please see the tentative programme), with oral presentations on the following themes:
S 1 – Learning from Success and Failure
The main aim of the three parallel sessions is to provide the floor to present examples of providers and users initiated climate services and reflect on the good examples as well and on those good ideas that never worked properly. Failures and success go hand in hand and bring an important basis for innovation and further development.
- Examples of provider initiated services
- Examples of user initiated services
- Good ideas that never worked
S 2 – Operationalization of Climate Services
These parallel sessions focus on the different aspects of having CS operationalized. It is again a forum to present best practice examples. An important focus will be the development of business models including the different stages of its implementation; the evaluation of existing climate services, and how this might contribute to have effective climate services. The question about the effectiveness of climate services will be taken into account from different perspectives (users and end-goals), presenting best practices and lessons learned.
- Climate Services business models
- Climate Services evaluation
- What are effective Climate Services?
S 3 – Capacity Building (I)
The parallel sessions in the sessions Capacity Building I, II have different perspectives on the topic:
- From data and information to knowledge
- User involvement in Climate Services development
- Triggering research through Climate Services requirements
S 4 – Capacity Building (II)
- What can we learn from all the co-activities?
- Effective knowledge brokering
- Local knowledge for local action
Posters will be presented during the whole conference, and will be discussed e.g. during coffee and lunch breaks.